Getting to Vancouver
Participants flying into Vancouver International Airport and are staying downtown, the Canada Line skytrain offers a cheap ($4.20) and efficient means of transportation. Canada Line’s YVR Airport station is centrally located between their International and Domestic Terminals. Waterfront station is the closest skytrain station to SFU Harbour Centre where CTW will be hosted. Please visit the Canada Line website if you would like more information (http://thecanadaline.com/).
If you would prefer, there are also a number of taxi companies that service the airport. Some hotels also offer a shuttle service (please check with your hotel).
There are a number of hotels downtown within easy walking distance of SFU Harbour Centre campus – Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue (580 W Hastings Street, Vancouver).
Below is a list of hotels located in downtown Vancouver near SFU Harbour Centre, some of which offer CAUBO/University rates (Note: there maybe cheaper rates/specials at this time of year versus the CAUBO rates):
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver 1110 Howe Street; 1-877-660-8550; (Enter 900300707 in “Corporate ID#” for CAUBO rate)
- Residence Inn Marriott Vancouver 1234 Hornby Street; 1-877-515-4135; (For CAUBO rate, enter “CAU” under Special Rates – Corporate/Promo/Set#)
- Best Western Plus Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites 1100 Granville Street; 1-800-780-7234; (Corporate ID# 01509450)
- Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver 845 Burrard Street; 1-877-484-3334; (request CAUBO rate)
- Delta Hotels Vancouver Downtown Suite (Next to Wosk centre) 550 W Hastings Street; 1-604-689-8188 (No CAUBO rate)
- Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown 435 W Pender Street; 1-604-488-1088 (No CAUBO rate)
Please feel free to check out other hotels or accommodation options that maybe more affordable and/or convenient than those listed above.
Student travel fund
If you are currently registered as a student, and if you are submitting an abstract, please let us know if you require financial support to attend the workshop. We will only be able to confirm the amount of financial support available after the workshop is over.
Student travel fund requests and questions should be directed to Dan Gibson.